Client Portfolio & Accounts Manager vacancy
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Client Portfolio and Accounts Manager to join our people-focused and client-motivated team. Working within a growing firm of Chartered Accountants you will be able to progress your career and contribute to the success of the Company.
Warren House Accountants are a forward-thinking practice that supports a range of companies from sole traders, and start-up businesses to SMEs. We aren’t just an accountancy practice, we offer something different through our distinct business culture, which focuses on people first. This means we deliver our accountancy services in a more personal way than most accountants have traditionally done.
As a Client Portfolio and Accounts Manager, you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of clients and maintaining and developing strong client relationships. With clients ranging from Start-Ups to SMEs across a variety of industries, you will provide business and compliance advice utilising your experience and knowledge as a qualified accountant. This client-facing role will include going out to visit our clients to help us gain a better understanding of what their company is about. You will also have the opportunity to attend a variety of networking events.
You will undertake a varied role of accounts preparation for SMEs, Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies across a variety of industries. You will also have a hands-on approach for more complex cases such as Charities and Trusts together with reviewing work carried out by other members of the team.
Working within a small but growing firm of chartered accountants you will be able to gain experience in all areas of the Practice to progress your career and contribute to the success of the Company.
Key responsibilities include:
Accounting & Compliance
- Accounts preparation and complete the finalisation of statutory accounts and corporation tax for all types of companies.
- Accounts preparation for Management accounts and Cashflow Forecasts.
- Review accounts work undertaken by other team members.
- VAT returns for a portfolio of clients.
- Advise, build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Communicate with clients in a timely manner to address any queries or concerns.
- Client assistance when issues arise.
- Effectively manage your time to meet client and statutory deadlines.
- Prioritise tasks based on client needs and business objectives.
- Promoting the company by attending Networking events and contributing to the growth of the client portfolio.
To be considered for this role, you will:
- Be Fully ACA or ACCA qualified, either recently qualified or with one to two years of experience.
- Proven experience gained in an accountancy practice.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting systems including IRIS, Quickbooks, Xero and Sage.
- Strong IT skills inclusive of Microsoft Office & Outlook.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
What we offer:
- Hybrid working with at least three days a week in the office.
- Salary £45K – £50K.
- 5 weeks holiday, plus bank holidays, in addition, you will receive 1 Christmas ex-gratia day and 1 paid day off for your birthday.
- Pension Scheme.
- Private Health Insurance (after a qualifying period).
We offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to progress your career within our growing firm. Our open-plan offices are located offices located just outside of Cuckfield on the outskirts of Haywards Heath in West Sussex.
If you have the skills and ambition we are looking for, please apply with your CV and cover letter, stating your salary expectations, to Tracy Mitchell here. We look forward to hearing from you.